Recovery from Identity and Credit Card Theft
The following are steps that needs to be taken immediately in order to recover your Identity and minimize your damages.
They also include important phone numbers, links and resources that will help you in the recovery process , please read all:
1. The first place to go is to the official-Federal Trade Commission (FTC) web site -which provides comprehensive guides.
Download this PDF file (from FTC) or go to
Online information and complaint form: http://www.consumer.gov/idtheft
Fraud affidavit form: http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/credit/affidavit.pdf
Phone: 877-438-4338 Identity Theft Hotline
The following are additional helpful information and topics to the FTC guides:
2. Copy of your credit reports from your three credit reports. The primary contact numbers are:
3. Check and banking fraud. .
To report fraudulent use of your checks:
4. Fraud involving U.S. mail. ..
Phone: (800) 275-8777
5. Social Security number (SSN) misuse.
Phone (800) 269-0271 for SSA fraud hotline
Complaint form : www.socialsecurity.gov/oig
Phone: (800) 772-1213. to order a SSN replacement
Phone: (800) 772-1213 to order Personal Earnings and Benefits Estimate Statement :
6. Passports lost.
7. Student loans misuse :
8. Driver's license number misuse.
9. Remove your name from mail marketing lists
(Direct Marketing Association)
Mail Preference Service, P.O. Box 643, Carmel, NY 10512.
10. Remove your phone number(s) from telemarketing lists
Do Not Call Registry: (888) 382-1222
11. U.S. Dept. of Justice.
The DOJ for federal identity theft cases.
12. FBI Internet Fraud Complaint Center. Report on fraud and phishing.
For safe OnLine Shopping
tips click here ..................
For financial institution link and contact info click here
If you think this site provided useful information please tell your friends
Please send us your comments and/or suggestions firstname.lastname@example.org
This site should be used as an information source only and not as legal advice. CoolItSafe is not responsible for the information published in this site and any other sites that are linked to this site. CoolItSafe has the rights to change the content of this site without any notice. See our legal page.
Return to Home | Printer Friendly